The Internet has caused the beauty lovers of the world to unite, sharing tips of the trade with women thousands of miles away.”Swaps” are common and involve beauty bloggers and vloggers and involve sending products one can’t obtain in their area across state lines (or the ocean) just to get their beauty fix. Makeup and skin care brands flock to the sites to get an idea of what’s wanted by beauty afficionados, who aren’t necessarily experts but have major branding power once they ID something as the next great thing or a total dud .
Beauty Blogs from the Pros
Get beauty tips from the pros with these sites that aim to make the beauty process easier on the every day, busy woman.
1. The Makeup Girl : This makeup lover keeps you up-to-date with the latest collections and reviews of everything from cheap makeup buys that are worth exploring to high end products that end up being a dud.
2. Beauty Editor : Cheeky, fun and always on top of the trends, this beauty blogger makes makeup fun again. Instead of dissecting products, this blogger takes them for what they are and isn’t afraid to move on if something doesn’t work (regardless of the brand name on the tube).
3. Bella Sugar Beauty : This go-to site has all of the beauty news and tips you can handle. In addition to covering the basics, they have fun lists like top Halloween fragrances.
4. Beauty Addict Blog : From a series over self-tanners to roundups over beauty sales happening all over the web, this blogger reviews everything from snazzy high priced products to goodies from Avon.
5. 15 Minute Beauty : If you’re the modern woman with little time on your hands, this blog will serve you well. The blogger talks about new products at many price points and gives honest reviews (such as letting us know when a company predicts 15 uses out of a product and the blogger gets 30).
6. Beautylish : This blog reviews new collections, cheap faux eye lashes, Minx nails and gives you the ins-and-outs of foundation formulas. Currently it’s building a makeup community for girls and women to share their collections and recommendations.
7. A Touch of Blusher : This beauty site has more of a global audience than others on the list and keeps beauty lovers around the world on the cusp of collections launching in different countries.
8. Specktra : Specktra has become the site that talks about collections before they launch and the threads at the forum prove to be an invaluable resource for makeup addicts looking for a new foundation or shade of lipstick.
9. We Love Beauty : This is a beauty vlog of sorts, but the interviews and tips are all with professionals who regularly work with a roster of noteworthy starlets.
10. Temptalia : Numerous daily updates make this beauty blog one that you must bookmark. The community is chatty and isn’t afraid to share tips and tricks.
Best Nail Polish Blogs
Nail polish is having a serious moment. It’s obtained a cult following that collects everything from cheap picks from Walgreens to the nail polish shades from Chanel that garner a wait list each season. Here are the best nail polish blogs to keep yourself posted on what’s hot.
11. All Lacquered Up : This site is arguably the best nail polish blog with constant updates on collections, new techniques and celeb nail news (yes, such a thing exists).
12. Polish Addict : This blog no longer publishes, but the abundant amount of swatches send polish lovers to the site regularly. From inexpensive brands to luxe polishes, there are countless swatches shown at this site.
13. Scrangie : This nail polish site gives us loads of nail polish swatches. You’ll find yourself skimming the vibrant images for that perfect shade and learn the difference between raspberry, hot pink and magenta.
14. Lacquerized : We love this Dutch nail polish blog because it provides an endless supply of swatches, but also talks about nail care and gives reviews on products like cuticle creams.
15. Makeup and Beauty Blog : This awesome beauty blog deals with all things that make us pretty, butthe nail polish swatches and reports are especially helpful since it backs all of your beauty needs into one place.
Personal Beauty Blogs
These blogs are written by women who love makeup and beauty products and aren’t afraid to share their thoughts on the latest and greatest products on the market.
16. I’m a Beauty Geek : At this blog you’ll find real beauty tips, including advice on how to look pleasant while consuming onion rings, dumplings and more.
17. I Heart Beauty : This blog goes into nail and hair trends in addition to the usual makeup ramblings that keep you in the loop about upcoming collections.
18. Beauty Blogging Junkie This blog takes a casual approach to beauty, making a must-read for those who are new to the online beauty scene. The site also keeps you posted on beauty events in the New York City area.
19. All About the Pretty : This blogger gives you the scoop on all things beauty, including lesser known hair products that do the trick for those with curly hair.
20. The Organic Beauty Expert : This site no longer publishes, but the years of information on the blog made us include it anyway. Get tips on how to use natural oils in your hair and how to choose the right oil for your skin type when using the oil cleansing method.
21. The Beauty Stop : This blogger makes herself the test dummy to give her readers reviews of hair extensions, manicure techniques and hi-tech beauty products.
22. Afro Bella Beauty : Women of color flock to this blog for tips on keeping hair and skin in stellar shape. This is a brilliant blog for getting hair recommendations for those looking to go natural.
23. Beauty Girl Musings : This licensed esthetician shares her skincare and beauty secrets with readers. Our favorite features are over the beauty bundles that pack in various products to try for a great price.
24. Bit By the Beauty Bug : This beauty blog gives you tips on how much to tip when at a salon or spa and gives lengthy, in-depth reports on products. We love that the blogger isn’t”obsessed” with every product thrown her way and gives real criticism when it’s due.
25. Blogdorf Goodman : When you’re hankering for a beauty splurge, make this beauty blog your first stop for recommendations on when spending is worth it. Reviews include high end fragrances and innovative organic products. Still, the blogger isn’t all about branding since she features a drugstore sale roundup for her area.
26. Makeup Loves Me : Constant updates make this makeup blog worth visiting regularly. Instead of reviewing one item from a collection or brand at a time, this blogger does overviews which makes it easy to dissect what you need on your want list.
27. Musings of a Muse : This is one of our favorite beauty sites for learning about new products and checking out reviews. Unlike the professional blogs, this blogger speaks to us in a more casual tone that makes reading the site feel like you’re chatting makeup with a close girlfriend.
28. Girl Gloss : Can you get any more niche than a blog over lip products? Girl Gloss focuses on balms, glosses and lipsticks, making it the #1 stop when you’re searching for a new formula or color.
29. Karla Sugar : This blog’s famous for the swatches on the blogger’s arm. Whether it’s a slue of high priced lipsticks or the latest OPI nail polishes, this site is a great resource for getting a true idea of colors and finishes with various products.
Best Skin Care Blogs
Fabulous makeup starts with amazing skin. Even the priciest bottles and compacts can’t makeup a face that doesn’t have that glow from within. Check out these skin care blogs for tips on how to get your face in shape before painting on the goods.
30. Skin Care Guide This blog explains the ins-and-outs of major skin care issues like teen acne and rosacea. Unlike many beauty blogs that just talk about the potential solutions, this site touches on the causes behind these conditions.
31. Skin Care Resource Center : This site gives you the skinny on anti-aging breakthroughs as well as the basics on maintaining skin and keeping it in optimal condition.
32. Beautiful Skin Blog : This nifty blog is easy-to-read and ideal for those who are just starting to explore the world of skin care. It’s also packed with simple, all-natural recipes that will rejuvenate your skin.
33. Skin Care and Beauty : Here you’ll find loads of reviews over skin care and beauty products. From manicure tips to the latest soaps and creams, the blogger’s personable voice will make you come back when you’re searching for a beauty product review.
34. Skin Care Beauty Zone : While this site is packed with skin care tips for the beauty newbie, mature women will appreciate the extensive content over non-invasive cosmetic procedures, the best anti-aging products and how to choose the right skin care regimen.
35. Leon’s Beauty Tips and Secrets : This blogger wrote an e-book over natural skin care recipes that can be done at home and now shares additional budget friendly tips and skin care breakthroughs on her slick site.
36. Winter Skin Care Blog : Those who live in a chilly climate will love the winter skin care tips found at this blog. Learn how to combat dry skin on your face and skin as well as itchy skin that’s a result of the dry air we deal when inside a heated home.
37. The Skin Care Blog : This is a blog that’s ideal for beginners because the well-organized side menu gives you a rundown of everything you need to know about your skin.
38. Sarah’s Organic Skincare Blog : From across the pond comes this organic skin care blog that goes over the science of skin care and shows you how to take care of your skin using natural methods that garner great results.
39. Skin Care Blog : Your skin will love you after you pick up tips from this beauty blog. It touches on everything from all-natural treatments to photo refinishing and laser work.
Grooming Blogs for Men
Because men need their own version of the beauty blog to truly benefit from tips and these blogs are devoted to teaching guys how to maintain facial hair and look the part when a big event rolls around.
40. Male Beauty Blog : This site serves as a feed for all blog posts revolving around male grooming. From teeth whitening to shaving, this site has it all.
41. Ape to Gentleman : This fabulous site is devoted to aiding men in the process of going from primitive beast to refined man. It includes product reviews over everything from nose trimmers to anti-aging serums.
42. The Urban Gent : This blog goes beyond basic grooming and also talks about taking care of your nails, as well as the hair on your head and body.
43. The Grooming Lounge : At this site you’ll learn how to keep up with your body hair and choose the right haircut. Also be sure to check out the complete glossary on male grooming terms in case you run into a word that stumps you.
44. Get Kempt : This site’s all about looking the part of a gentleman when the time calls for it. After all, it’s things like shaving, a good haircut and clean nails that makes the difference between a guy and a man.
45. Mug Online : MUG is the go-to source for the man looking for grooming tips that are easy-to-follow and can be maintained in the long run. You can also buy products directly from the site.
46. Men Science : Formerly at another location, this excellent blog will help you get a skin care regimen started that suits your lifestyle, and also links directly to the products you’ll need to make it happen.
47. The Gent’s Place : From the history of barber shops to the must-know tips for shaving and keeping your brows in check.
48. T Magazine – Men’s Grooming : This grooming blog from the New York Times reviews moderately priced to high end products that will make the male beauty process easier to pull off.
49. The Grooming Guru : This site chats about grooming, but also looks at the marketing techniques used to reel men in to thinking a product will change their lives.
50. Homme Grooming : This site no longer updates, but the archived material will help you find your way when it comes to becoming a groomed gentleman.
Beauty blogs are going behind the surface reasons most of us buy makeup and skin care products. Delving into the science of makeup and skin care can help us determine what works best for our skin types, which means less money wasted on products that don’t work. Having the insight of personal beauty bloggers means you’re getting the real story and results of products versus the buzzwords and marketing gimmicks brands use to sell them.